If you’re a cake hater, then have we found some brilliant non-wedding-cake ideas for your upcoming wedding! While a fruit cake is traditional, there’s no reason why you can’t skip the cake altogether and replace it with something else. We’ve found six non-wedding cake ideas to share with you today.
6 Stunning Non Wedding Cake Ideas
Not everyone has a sweet tooth, and there are certainly those who won’t touch a piece of fruit cake with a long pole. It’s becoming more common for couples to forgo a traditional wedding cake and instead choose something more of their liking. We share six non-wedding cake ideas for you to consider:
- Pizza - pizza can be stacked or tiered, just like a cake! It’s a popular choice at any occasion and also a great source of carbohydrates for people consuming alcohol. Provide a variety of flavours and you’re sure to please everyone.
- Burgers – once again, these can be stacked like a cake in a three-tier system where each layer is the same size. You could have mini burgers in a cupcake formation or large gourmet burgers in a specific shape. The choice is yours.
- Pies – fancy a good old’ kiwi pie? You could provide something for everyone: vegetarian, bacon and egg, mince, steak or even fruit pies for those with a sweet tooth. Once again, pies can be stacked upon each other, or positioned in a range of shapes.
- Sushi – who doesn’t love sushi? Need we say anymore?
- Deli tower of meats – pile up the ham, luncheon and salami, well as cheese, olives, and dried fruits, all in little bite-size pieces. Skewers and toothpicks will help you position the meat in a cake shape, or you could simply place it on a platter.
- Cheese – cheese is a very common food seen at wedding receptions. Wheels of cheese are often used to form a wedding cake. With the wide variety of cheeses that are available to choose from, this option can be enjoyed by most everyone too. Don’t forget to add a range of crackers and breads for guests to eat too.
We bet these six non-wedding-cake ideas have got you thinking about picking your ‘wedding cake.’
For further advice, be sure to check out our article on How to Pick Your Dream Wedding Cake for more ideas too!
Check out our list of wedding cake vendors and wedding caterers who can most-likely help turn your idea into reality.