There are several ways to assess your ring size. One of the easiest is to use a piece of paper or string.
- Start by cutting out a strip of paper 15mm wide and about 100mm long or use a piece of string 100mm long.
- Wrap the paper or string around the base of the intended finger, and mark where the paper or string overlaps. The length of the paper or string you measure in millimetres is the circumference of your finger
- After finding this measurement use the conversion chart below to find the corresponding ring size. (If the size of your finger below the knuckle differs in size from the knuckle itself, measure your knuckle as well and choose a size that falls in between these two measurements)
Alternatively, if you have a ring that already fits the finger and you want to get your new ring to fit you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring.
- Take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
- Take the diameter measurement in millimetres and use the below conversion chart to find your ring size.
Now choose your ring size from the chart below...
If you are in Christchurch you can always organise a time and find that perfect fit together at Jewellery by Design NZ’s studio.