Weight loss should be done naturally and gradually so that it insures the fact that you will be able to maintain your ideal weight. There is no point in starving for a while and then get back to your old unhealthy eating habits because you will only worsen your weight problem. Successful weight loss and maintenance still depends on diet and exercise. But there are certain tips and tricks that dieters can use to help them stay on track and stay thin.
1. Keeping a food diary can be a huge asset in successful weight loss. Devote some time each day to record what you have eaten and how much, your hunger level prior to eating, and any feelings or emotions present at the time. A food diary can provide a large amount of self-awareness. It can identify emotions and behaviors that trigger overeating, foster greater awareness of portion sizes, and help you discover your personal food triggers.
2. Many experts agree that smaller meals eaten every three to four hours throughout the day help stave off hunger and keep energy levels at maximal levels. Smaller meals full of protein and fiber will help dieters battle the bulge. Dieters who don’t like the idea of eating a small meal can focus on having snacks between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Healthy snacks throughout the day will keep energy levels up. But it is important to include protein in these snacks. A turkey wrap, Greek-style yogurt or string cheese are great options.
3. A product labelled with a fat-free claim does not mean that it is low in calories. Similarly a product labelled as low-sugar or low-carb does not mean it is low in fat or calories. Always read the nutrition label on the packaging.
4. Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages. Before you tear into that bag of potato chips, drink a glass of water first. People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger, so you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really all you needed. If plain water doesn't cut it, try drinking flavored sparkling water or brewing a cup of fruit-infused herbal tea.
5. Combine green vegetables, like spinach or broccoli, with more colorful ones like peppers and, besides being delicious, your salad will also look great. It is an ingenious way of also convincing your family to eat healthy. Avoid though high calorie sauces or mayonnaise and go for simple light ones. Use yogurt instead of cream and also try salsas. They are a wonderful combination of vegetables that will add savory to your meals. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
6. Did you ever notice that thin people take an awfully long time to eat their food? Eating slowly is one method that can help take off pounds. That's because from the time you begin eating it takes the brain 20 minutes to start signaling feelings of fullness. Fast eaters often eat beyond their true level of fullness before the 20 minute signal has had a chance to set in. The amount of calories consumed before you begin to feel full can vary significantly depending on how quickly you eat. So slow down, take smaller bites and enjoy and savor every tasty morsel.
7. Eat protein at every meal. Protein is the ultimate fill-me-up food -- it's more satisfying than carbs or fats and keeps you feeling full for longer. It also helps preserve muscle mass and encourages fat burning. So be sure to incorporate healthy proteins like lean meat, yogurt, cheese, nuts, or beans into your meals and snacks.