2010 Product Launch
My Wedding Guide was developed by MAS Strategy*, a New Zealand owned online publishing house and marketing consultancy. MAS Strategy used its pioneering knowledge of online technology to start its first ‘niche online directory’ focusing completely on the New Zealand market initially. MAS Strategy believes niche directories are the natural evolution of the online directory market, and an online platform for a whole industry is vital when your customers are a generation of people who want information instantly at their fingertips. My Wedding Guide was launched into a market that already had 29 small online directories dedicated to it but MAS Strategy’s web developers, who played a pivotal part in the technology behind Wises Maps and UBD, were confident that they could create a market leading online wedding directory.
In the first year after development they built a database of more than 17,000 New Zealand businesses providing wedding services to attract users. SEO specialists optimized thousands of key words and phrases like ‘ceremony venues’, ‘reception venues' and optimized articles in the Bridal Tips section of My Wedding Guide which now accounts for over 30% of the site’s traffic. It features editorial pieces from New Zealand-based industry leaders offering advice to brides on creating their perfect wedding day.
2012 Market Leader
Since the launch of My Wedding Guide, more than 50 wedding directories can now be found online concentrating on the New Zealand market. In the short space of time it has been running, My Wedding Guide has become the number one online wedding directory in New Zealand. It receives the highest average number of views of any New Zealand-based online wedding directory per year – over a quarter of a million – and hosts the largest database of businesses dedicated to the industry – 21,000 plus.
2015 Redesign | New Features
My Wedding Guide launches a new-look site with exciting features for our extensive clients to further enhance their exposure and make it the most measurable marketing tool within the wedding industry.
- Advertisers can now log in and manage all their content by having the ability to upload or amend their listings at anytime.
- Advertisers can now log in and view their advertising performance report at anytime. Keep track of how many people viewed your advert or how often your categories are being searched by brides in your respective region. The most measurable form of advertising.
- We are now showcasing 50 top businesses under featured business from our premium clients.
- We will showcase 24 featured businesses on the home page every time someone views the home page
- Our premium clients now can upload up to 25 videos using self service to showcase their product and services.
- Our premium clients can now submit their videos to be showcased in the video section of the website under their respective wedding category.
- Four videos at a time will be randomly showcased on the home page.
- Our premium clients can now promote their events on their premium listings and on the event section of the website.
2016 New Owner
My Wedding Guide was sold to Niche Directories Ltd who plan to further develop and enhance the site to create an even more attractive place for brides-to-be to come to and to add value for the site's advertisers including a big push in the Social Media space.
*MAS Strategy offers Web Development, Online Strategies, Business Consulting, SEO and Social Media solutions to businesses in New Zealand, Australia and the UK as the growth of social media reveals a world of new marketing opportunities.