Weddings at The Dowse
The Dowse is the perfect place to make your special day stand out. Our tailored wedding packages give you the flexibility to design and organise your big day. There’s room for you to dine, dance, and say ‘I do’. We’d love to talk about any special ideas you have to make the day perfect.
Our rooms can be configured in a multitude of ways, with spaces available for outdoor ceremonies, buffet dinners and dancing.
Our standard wedding package, best suited for 50–150 people seated, is $3,105.00 during peak season (October to March) and $2,845.00 during off-peak season (April–September). We also have a cocktail wedding package for 50–200 people standing, which is $2,275.00.
There is a $500.00 refundable bond on top of all wedding packages, and there may be extra costs for public holidays.
All wedding packages include:
- Exclusive use of the venue until midnight* on the day of your wedding (*Foyer from 5PM)
- Set up and rehearsal time the previous day
- Friendly and professional bar and security staff to ensure the smooth running of your big day
- Use of all in-house equipment, such as our sound system, projector, lighting, glassware and more
- Room and in-house equipment set-up and pack-down, including rubbish removal and recycling
- As a wedding gift from The Dowse, we provide every couple with a named brick on the Community Pathway at the front of The Dowse
More information can be found on our website: www.dowse.org.nz/weddings
- Modern facilities in one of New Zealand’s leading contemporary art venues, located at the heart of Lower Hutt
- Friendly and professional staff who are there to guide you every step of the way
- Flexible arrangements: leave it to us to provide all equipment and hire things on your behalf, or we can make recommendations
- Completely wheelchair and pram-accessible
- Plenty of nearby parking, and a short walk from public transport